38th Annual Living History Festival
October 28th, 2023
Rain or Shine
To enter Hart Square Village on festival day is to enter the early 1800s. Hart Square bustles with over three hundred knowledgeable artisans and historic demonstrators dressed in period clothing. Our artisans truly bring the village to life by sharing the craftsmanship and subsistence of Carolina's pioneers. Visitors will witness everything from flax making, cotton baling, and tinsmithing to apple butter making and the sweet sounds of old time music.
Hart Square Village is the nation's largest collection of historic log structures. On festival day, all 103 historic structures will be open!
North Carolina artist Bob Timberlake says, "I've visited Colonial Williamsburg, almost grew up in Old Salem, and I've seen other restored places all over North America, and nothing compares with Hart Square Village just south of Hickory."
We boast the most talented and authentic demonstrators in the country and know you will agree with us when you join us at the 38th Annual Living History Festival.
Saturday, October 28th, 2023 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tickets are $50 a person (capacity: 3,500)
Children 12 and under are free
This is a rain or shine event
*A Membership is not required to purchase event tickets.
- What time can we come in? The gates will open for early parking at 8:00 am. The village will be open at 10:00 am.
- Is there food available? Yes! We have a variety of food trucks here during the festival, with food and drinks for purchase at the main entrance of the parking area.
- Can I bring/rent a golf cart? No, for insurance purposes, golf carts are only permitted on the premises if driven by Hart Square staff or volunteers
- Is there handicapped parking? Yes, notify the parking attendants that you are in need of a handicapped space, and they will direct you to the proper parking area.
- How do I check in? Upon arrival, one of our ticket checkers will check your tickets. If you have an e-ticket, you can either print your tickets or show them to the ticket checker on your mobile device.
- Are pets allowed? No, due to the nature of the event, even leashed pets can be a hazard to the "working animals" at our site. Service dogs will be permitted.
Tickets sold may be refunded prior to 10 business days from the ticketed event.
Exchanges of equal value may be made prior to 10 business days from the ticketed event. However, ticket availability for alternate dates is not guaranteed and is subject to a first-come, first-served basis.
Refunds cannot be approved after the 10 business day period.