Hart Square Foundation preserves the log structures, trades and culture housed at Hart Square Village. Through preservation and sharing, the foundation inspires the ingenuity, resourcefulness, and resilience of our pioneer ancestors.
To instill a pioneering spirit in the next generation.
Pioneers have a vision of something better beyond their immediate world and ways. They take responsibility for their own lives and futures. Pioneers exercise their independent judgment, often in opposition to conventional wisdom, using their ingenuity to come up with new ideas, inventions, innovations, or enterprises.
Pioneers are risk-takers who have the courage to travel down untrodden paths and into perilous territory to reach their goals. And as a result of their efforts, pioneers make life better and more fulfilling for themselves, and they make the world a better place for the rest of us.
Accessible and Inclusive
We invite all people to respectfully experience Hart Square’s property and collection. Our focus is to create a variety of programming; always being mindful of those who might not otherwise have the opportunity to visit Hart Square Village.
The countless families who have donated their family homesteads entrusted this one-of-a-kind treasure to our care. We pledge to be faithful to their legacy every day, in all of our planning and actions.
Integrity and Transparency
We take our fiduciary responsibility seriously and are transparent in our communications, interactions and intentions. We act in good faith and honor our commitments.
We are committed to minimizing our ecological footprint, both here at Hart Square Village, in our region, and our planet.
We are careful and responsible managers of the cabins, collection and family histories entrusted to our care. Our stewardship extends to all the gifts we have been given, including the donations we receive, our reputation and the good will of our community.
The village does not confine artifacts to glass cases. We do not rope off certain sections. Rather, we invite a visitor into a space that feels like a family or craftsperson got up and walked out moments prior.
We believe in financial transparency. Our EIN number is 56-2232193. You can find any financial data on Guidestar: https://www.guidestar.org/profile/56-2232193
Our Board of Directors
Dr. Eric Hart – Hickory, NC
- Co-Founder and Chief Medical Officer of Health Stat, Inc.
- Family Physician at Hart Family Practice
- Guest lecturer at UNC-CH Medical School
- Board of Directors for Frye Regional Medical Center
Andy Bray – Hickory, NC
- CEO of Vanguard Furniture
- Director of American Home Furnishings Alliance, Inc
Thomas Beatty – Maiden, NC
- Planning Engineer of Duke Energy
Keith Hart – Hickory, NC
- VP of Sales and Marketing of King Hickory Furniture
Snyder Garrison – Hickory, NC
- Chairman of the Board of Valdese Weavers
- Retired CFO of Valdese Weavers
- Treasurer of the North Carolina Wildlife Federation
- Board of Directors of the Luke Garrison Foundation
John Orgain – Hickory, NC
- Vice President and General Counsel
- Alex Lee, Inc., MDI, Lowe’s Foods
- Chairman, Catawba Valley Heart Ball for the American Heart Association
Christie Taylor – Hickory, NC
- Retired nurse at Hart Family Practice כנס עכשיו
- Board of Directors for Catawba Valley Pottery Festival